In the current climate, many people are being asked to work from home by the government if they possibly can. This is to stop the Covid-19 virus from spreading further. With a second strain of the virus announced it is a worrying time for everyone.
If you can work from home, we have put together a few tips to help keep your computer safe, most offices will have robust security in place, but most will not have these advantages when working from home.
- Follow all the guidelines that your company has put in place, use only the equipment that your company has provided.
- Log in to the company’s Virtual Private Network (VPN) before starting your work.
- Do not copy sensitive work files from your work laptop to other devices you may have at home.
- Set up a private workspace in your home where you can work confidentially.
- Make sure that you have a secure Wi-Fi network, replace the default password with a unique hard to guess password.
- Keep your laptops and computers updated, turning on automatic updates is the best way to keep things up to date.
- Always use antivirus software to keep viruses at bay, if a file with a virus is accidently downloaded an antivirus program will be able to delete it safely.
If you would like any help or advice on which laptop or computer could work best for you when working from home, please do not hesitate to contact us here at ITC Sales, we have a huge range of Dell Laptops and Dell All in ones. We also stock antivirus software to help keep you safe while working from home.
Call us today on 0333 222 200, our friendly team will be happy to help!